South Africa welcomes immigrants who are in a position to make a meaningful contribution to broadening the economic base of South Africa.
Before you can apply for a permanent residency permit, you must first motivate why you should not be declared a prohibited person or an undesirable person.
You and your spouse qualify for a direct permanent residence permit if you have lived in South Africa on the basis of your work permit for a minimum period of five years. Dependents of South African citizens or permanent residence permit holders can also apply.
Residency on other grounds applies to foreigners who:
- are in possession of a permanent work offer in South Africa
- have exceptional skills and qualifications
- intend to establish a business in South Africa
- qualify as refugees in terms of Section 27(c) of the Refugees Act
- qualify as retired persons
- are financially independent or
- are relatives (biologically or judicially adopted) of a South African citizen or permanent residence permit holder.
WWW.HOFMIGRATION.CO.ZA INFO@HOFMIGRATION.CO.ZA +27 21 330 5006